Running a business that involves perishable foods require a good storage system for food safety and to increase the shelf life of the inventory. Walk-in freezers and chillers (also known as cold rooms) are common storage systems used by F&B establishments and food suppliers as it provides a large space to accommodate all the food and ingredients. With a large cold storage space, F&B business owners and food suppliers can make bulk purchases and enjoy the related cost-savings.
Find out more on the AVA regulations Download PDF
Key points to note:
- Adequate built-in chiller(s) and freezer(s) must be provided for storage of meat or fish and other associated products
- Walk-in chillers should have a temperature of between 0 to 4°C and freezers should have a temperature of – 18°C
- Raw unprocessed and semi-processed meat/fish and their products must also be stored separately from the finished products
- The temperature of preparation room must be controlled at around 12 °C to 15 °C
- The temperature of finished products packaging / labeling room must be controlled at around 12 °C to 15 °C
WALK-IN CHILLER & FREEZER
Chiller/freezer Rooms are designed with customized sizes and volumes using CFC-Free foam insulation. Choice of remote and self-contained units.
VEGETABLES PACKING & TRADING
Cold room (chiller room) for vegetables packing & trading
OVERHEAD SECTIONAL DOORS
Insulated overhead sectional doors constructed of heavy-duty material yet sturdy & lightweight. Designed specifically for industrial applications to make loading and unloading much easier and efficient